Thursday, July 30, 2009

The 3 R's: Resting, Rehydrating, and Reading

I am FINALLY keeping food down on a consistent basis. Yes! I still have the nausea, but I can work through that. Now that I'm eating, I have enough energy to sit up for more than 10 minutes and I even spent most of the day sitting on the couch versus sleeping in the bed. But I'm not pushing my luck, for once. I'm fighting the urge to clean and organize the apartment. Instead, I'm resting. That's right, I am living amongst the chaos for the sake of my health and will not do any obsessive cleaning... until tomorrow. By then I'll have most of my energy back and can try to get into a routine again.

One of the things I always neglect when I get sick is my hydration. When I don't eat, I don't drink. I know I should, but I forget to go for water when I spend the day in bed. And to be fair, early in the week, I couldn't keep liquids down, so there wasn't anything sending me running for water. But now that I'm starting to feel better and eating, I'm so thirsty. In the past half hour I've downed two pints and I'm sure the next few days will see much of the same. I wonder if I should set a water alarm. I mean, I have alarms set for pills, injections, and, on bad days, food and bathroom breaks, maybe my memory needs that additional hydration reminder boost.

One of the few highlights of this week has been taking time to catch up on my Google Reader. At the beginning of the week I had 1000+(once you it 1000 they stop counting, but I'm estimating there were at least 1250 unread items) posts to read and I'm already under 400. I hadn't spent time reading since before the hospital visit and even though I made attempts to catch up before the wedding, not much was accomplished. So, I'm glad I'm getting through it all. So much happened in the past month and I was completely oblivious, but soon I'll be caught up and able to discuss current events soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment