Saturday, August 1, 2009

Top 5 Things that I Learned Last Night/This Morning

1. I cannot go two consecutive nights without a sleeping aid, even if the first night was restless and I resist taking a nap. I've been awake since 8:16 am Friday morning. I actually woke up at 4:04 am, but managed to get back to sleep after Nilaja left for work (at 7 am). My doctor suggested I take a pill every other night and I should have taken one last night, but I thought I was tired enough to get to sleep without it. I gave up trying to sleep around 3 am.

2. There is nothing good on tv after 3 am. I watched a few cartoons and a few infomercials, before I gave up and tried to be a little more creative and productive.

3. Trying to paint when I have insomnia results in a huge waste of materials. I made two attempts at a nature scene with sky and wild flowers. The first is unbalanced and the colors were off so I put it to the side unfinished. The second looks like a kindergartner got a hold of some paint. It's so bad I didn't even sign it.

4. The numbness and tingling in my legs goes wild when I don't sleep. I wish there was a way to show you how painful this can be.

5. The absolute worst thing for a headache is not sleeping. I'm fairly certain that the stabbing headache I had all day yesterday was a result of not sleeping well on Thursday night. So imagine how I feel that I still haven't gotten any sleep. Please someone come take the knife out of my skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment