Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yesterday was such a good day! Today is not.

Yesterday, I was happy. Actually, I've been happy for the past few days. Things have just been going so well, despite having no improvement in my vision, still having stomach discomfort, and fatigue.

Friday night was really great, I had a lot of fun with my friends and I'm so glad I didn't let the fatigue ruin my evening. I felt so good when I got home that I decided not to pre-medicate before my injection. It was the second time I tried that and once again I didn't have any flu-like symptoms. I'm starting to really like Betaseron.

Saturday and Sunday were spent with Nilaja. We didn't do much, but managed to stay busy and have a really good time. I was able to make a nice dinner on Saturday and on Sunday I baked a cake. It was a good weekend. Oh, I also decided not to take the pottery class and used the money I would have spent for that to buy more art supplies. I still need new brushes, but I got some basic acrylic paint, canvas, and a cheap tabletop easel (Michael's was having a fantastic sale).

The weekend was so mellow and relaxing that by Monday morning I was energized and ready to start the week. I got up early, cleaned our apartment, showered, and ate breakfast by 10:30 am. Then I turned on my favorite music, sat down at the dining room table, and painted. My new favorite hobby is painting. It is so relaxing and I was able to drop my need for perfection and just paint. I was so happy. When I was painting, I didn't care about the pain, numbness, or even my vision. All my attention and energy went to creating something that I would be proud to hang on my wall. (I'll see if Nilaja can take a picture of it for me to post for everyone to see.)

I was planning to get up today and work on some purple flowers for our bedroom, but it's not going to happen today. Last night around bedtime I started feeling weird. I started having what I thought might be chest pain, some dizziness, and my legs and feet were on fire. I was finally able to fall asleep (thanks to Nilaja who wouldn't let me retreat to the couch to watch info-mercial until the morning). When I got up this morning, I tried to get on track, but it's not going to happen. My fatigue is really strong today and my stomach hates me. All the pain from last week is amped up and I've already vomited once today. I put in a call to Dr. F and might even take a chance with my PCP (she's so incompetent). I'm starting to wonder if the steroids did more than passing damage. I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment