Thursday, April 9, 2009

4 down, countless to go

Today was a big day!

I just completed my 4th injection. It went smoothly. I think I finally have the process down and can just do it without hesitation. YAY! I've learned that if I ice the injection site before injecting and I let the syringe sit out for at least 45 minutes, I don't even feel it.

I also received my second shipment of syringes and didn't give it a second thought. I'm hoping this means smooth sailing from now on.

Obviously, I made it to work today. Initially, I thought leaving the house was a bad idea, but I'm glad I went. When I woke up, my feet were completely numb and even after 30 minutes of laying in bed there were no changes. By 6 am I knew I had to get up, so I forced myself up. I made it to the end of the bed before falling to the floor, this is a victory. I had to slide on my butt down the stairs again, I can't wait until Sunday when we move. My feet were better in time for my shower and I dragged myself to work.

After just a few minutes there, my eyes started getting blurry and my head was spinning. I wanted to go home. I'm sure the anxiety surrounding having the talk with my employer wasn't helping things at all. I was pleasantly surprised when she arrived and was very supportive. We've been a team for over 2 1/2 years and I've been afraid to disappoint her. So, it pained me to leave my letter of resignation for her and then wake up this morning still feeling like shit and not quite sure how long I could continue. In my letter, I offered to continue working through April doing 8 hours each day (I currently work 2-9.5 hour days and a 6 hour day) and work one 8-hour day each week in May. I was so stressed about making it through that and was not at all expecting her to suggest I work even less hours. I was shocked and grateful. Now I'm going to work 7:30-lunch (about 1:30) on Monday and Wednesday. This seems much more manageable, allows me time to teach her everything I know, and gives me time to rest.

I can't tell you how excited I am to rest. And to rest in a home without stairs or a bed too high for me to get into safely. YES YES YES!! The big move is on Sunday and it isn't coming a moment too soon. I never thought I would be this excited about moving, but the inaccessibility of this place has me too afraid to leave the couch. Oh and my Neuro can see me tomorrow so that we can file the paperwork. It will be so good to get that rolling so there isn't much of a lapse. Last thing I need is more money-worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment