Sunday, May 31, 2009

Overall a good day

I'm currently experiences a very scary symptom. For over a week now, I've had pain behind my eyes. Dr. Friedberg said that it was a common MS symptom and nothing to panic about. Then I wake up yesterday and my eyes felt weird. They kept watering and felt like they were covered in a thick layer of goo. My vision wasn't compromised, they just felt weird. Then in the afternoon, while we shopped for household items at Target, I started having weird feelings. It wasn't anything in particular, I just felt odd. As we're heading to the checkout lane, I saw a flash and then a black void appeared in my right eye. It's still here. I can see through the eye, but there is a black line from the upper inside corner to the lower outer corner. This scares me because the feelings I had yesterday and today are the same as when I loss vision in my left eye (which has gotten better, but never returned). I'm trying not to panic, but if my vision hasn't improved by tomorrow morning, I will start making emergency appointments with whoever can see me.

Despite all this craziness, I'm having a really good day. I woke up really early this morning to finish cleaning our apartment, then got all snazzied up to meet my BFF for coffee. I didn't drink any coffee (I'm allergic, not to caffeine), but it was really good to see her and catch up. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay long because I had to meet with the Betanurse today at 1 pm. We do have plands for the near future to see "UP" and I can't wait!

Speaking of the Betanurse, she arrived right on time and was gone in less than 30 minutes. There really wasn't much for her to do because Betaplus send a very detailed video with the training kit and after watching that, I knew how to do it. Although there is some hassle when it comes to mixing the medicine, the actually shot was easy-peasy. I didn't even feel the needle go in and I didn't have to use the autoinjector. I guess all the bragging about having the "thinnest needle in MS treatment" is worth it. I don't have anxiety about future injections.

Now let's just keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't make me sick.

2 comments:

  1. The pain behind the eyes can be a precursor to optic neuritis, so if things get worse *at all* I would make sure your doctor jumps on it.

    Good for you on the Betaseron. Hopefully it'll work well for you and won't give you problems with side effects. I'll be curious to see how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My neuro is pretty sure that optic neuritis caused the vision loss in my left eye and the feelings I'm having now are really similar. I'm trying not to worry, but since my vision hasn't improved, I'm definitely calling him at 9:30.

    ReplyDelete