Friday, May 29, 2009

Free For All Fridays: Questions Answered

From the post on May 15:

Question 1 - Carla said... Hello, I just found you on http://www.worldmsday.org/ and I'm also in the Bay Area.

Anyway, I am wondering what was your first symptoms of MS? I was just diagnosed a few months ago and always curious how it all began for other people.

Hi Carla, thank you for your question and I'm so sorry for the late response. I've been having symptoms for many years. I was diagnosed in March of this year and at the time I was experiencing a myriad of symptoms. They included numbness in my hands and feet, fatigue, pins and needles, dizziness, bladder dysfunction, headache, poor coordination, headache, weakness in limbs, vision loss and occasional blurry vision, and memory loss. Most of these symptoms I have on a daily basis with differing degrees of severity. Most days the fatigue and numbness are my main symptoms.

Would you mind sharing what your first symptoms were and how you're doing now?

Questions 2 - Anonymous said... Have you picked out a wedding dress yet? Come on, you don't want all the questions to be about MS, do you?

Oh Anon, I welcome non-MS questions, especially when they are wedding related. I purchased my dress in September, just a few weeks after we became engaged. I wasn't really looking for a dress that day, but we were out and I decided to give it a try. I didn't really like the first dress they brought me when it was on a hanger, but I put it on. It's a white dress with red details (Nilaja is wearing a red dress with white details). It was so beautiful on me and fit perfectly. I tried on a few other and none of them looked nearly as good. We actually purchased the very first dress and it's been in my closet since. The dress is so perfect that it doesn't need any alterations or hemming. After the wedding, I promise to post pictures of the big day. I don't want to do it now or link to the website because I want our guests to be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment