Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today was probably worse than yesterday

I have quite a bit to say today, but I think I'm going to split it up into a few different posts so that things aren't too jumbled. Today sucked from morning to whatever time it is now. When our alarm went off and I opened my eyes, my first thought was "Oh my God the pain." My entire body hurt and it felt like my major joints were on fire. I wanted to scream and couldn't move. We laid there for another half hour before I forced myself up and into the shower. If I didn't have so much going on at work, I would have stayed in bed, but I forced myself there and tried not to scare my partner.

Of course, this meant keeping up with my new routine of driving to work. Bad idea because I nearly killed us. Yep, I was completely present and driving, then I get to an intersection and for a moment forgot where I was and what I was doing. Not only did I pull up too far, but I slowly started letting my foot up off the brake. Thankfully, my partner yelled my name in time to snap me back into reality. Yikes.

Once I got to work, the pain changed. Not only did I have the throbbing in my legs and the burning joints, I also had pins and needles running up and down my legs. Well, have. Constantly. And it's making me more depressed than I've been in a very long time. It's just hard to be happy-go-lucky when you want to rip your own legs off. Oh, and I walked a bit today and the brain rattling thing started up.

My only hope is that the medicine (whenever it gets started) will ease these symptoms so I can keep working. If this keeps going I may need to take time off, though I am in no way ready to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment