Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jumbled thoughts in the AM

I need to go to the office today, but before I do that there are a few things that I want to say. I'm sorry about the bullet point list, but I should really be taking a shower, I'm scatter-brained this morning, and I'm racing my laptop battery.
  • I know that people are reading, thank you. Feel free to comment, I will respond.
  • I know there were concerns about our survival if I go on disability. STOP WORRYING. MS has not made me irresponsible and selfish. Nope, it has actually made me more aware of how my actions affects those around me and my wife's opinion/emotions/worries are honored. Plus, I like working and being successful.
  • I continue to have intermittent bouts of blurry vision. The scariest so far was yesterday after lunch. It was the first time it happened outside the house or at work. I had just finished lunch with my wife and was heading back to work when everything went blurry. I didn't want to scare her, so I nonchalantly headed back to work alone. But I was scared. I didn't even have my cane. Luckily, I know that route and there were lots of people out crossing the street so I didn't have to worry about cars. That time it was out for at least 30 minutes.
  • Dr. Friedberg's office called yesterday to tell me that I have Vitamin D Deficiency. I was not surprised. It is pretty common among those with MS and from my research, a lot of people believe that Vitamin D Deficiency makes you more susceptible to MS. It does not cause MS and taking in more D doesn't cure MS, but it may help manage symptoms. We'll see.
  • Today is not a good day. I worked a full day yesterday, we were up late, and I fell this morning (lost my balance coming down those dang stairs, I was using my cane). I am exhausted, headachey, sore, and spaghetti-legged. Taking the bus to work should be lots of fun.
OK, I think there was more that I wanted to write, but I'm so scatterbrained that this took me almost an hour and now I need to get moving so I can get to work. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment