Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still in bed

I am nearing the end of my rope with this. I have never had this much pain, numbness, fatigue, dizziness, and light-headedness before and it's wearing me out. I have to crawl (and drag my left leg) if I need something (like the bathroom) but I don't have enough stamina to make it there without stopping to rest halfway. This also means that I have not been able to feed myself because even if I make it to the kitchen, I haven't figured out how to reach things. My wife left me her desk chair to use today to help me get around, unfortunately without the help of my feet, I can't move the chair across the carpet. I actually laughed out loud when I sat down and realized I wasn't going anywhere. I guess laughing is better than crying, I've done enough of that thanks to the pain. I'm starting to wonder if I should give this more time or if I should contact my doctor. I don't know if there's anything they can do over the phone and I obviously can't get myself there. I don't know what to do. Guess I'll go back to sleep.

ETA: I just had another surge of stabbing pains in my thighs, so I called my neuro. I left a message for the doctor and not just for the NP. We'll see what comes of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment